Do you live in Spokane, Washington? Are you in need of an electrician? Many great electricians in Spokane, Washington, can help you with your electrical needs. But how do you know who to trust? How do you know which ones to rely on?
There’s more to electrical services than just choosing the right electrician. You need to understand the types of services necessary, whether or not you can DIY, the services strictly for professionals, and finally, how to land the right electrician.
We’ll discuss each of these and leave you well educated on the topic.
Electrical contractors provide a wide range of services—everything from new construction to home improvements to maintenance and repairs.
As a homeowner, you could be tempted to try to tackle some of these electrical jobs yourself. But we strongly advise against it. Unless you are a qualified electrical contractor, you could do more harm than good.
Not only that, but some electrical work is strictly for professionals. You would never try to do your plumbing or repair your HVAC systems, so don’t try to do your electrical work either.
That said, there are some more straightforward electrical tasks that the average homeowner can handle. They include:
- Replacing a light switch or outlet. This is a relatively simple repair that most homeowners can handle. Just be sure to turn off the power to the circuit before you start working.
- Installing new lighting fixtures. This is another repair that most homeowners can handle on their own. But, though not dangerous, the task can be complicated, depending on the type of fixtures you have. So if you are up for the task, you can work on it.
- Installing a dimmer switch. This is a relatively easy repair task that can add some extra convenience and ambiance to your home. Just ensure you follow the instructions to the letter and turn off the power before you start working.
It’s crucial to have the power off every time you work electrical components, no matter how small.
Electrical services that are strictly for professional electricians
There are several electrical services, and most of them require the attention of a professional. Here’s a detailed rundown of these services:
If you’re building a new home or commercial space, you’ll need an electrician to wire the entire property.
Besides wiring, new buildings also need other electrical services like installing light fixtures and outlets. These are often complex tasks and should be left strictly to a certified electrician.
The disadvantage of not having an electrician for new construction is that you will have to do the wiring yourself.
This does not only require a lot of time, but it is also dangerous. With little to no experience, you can be 100% sure you will make mistakes that could cause a fire or need redoing. This means more money and time.
Are you renovating your home? You’ll need an electrician to help with the electrical work. For example, if you’re remodeling your kitchen, you’ll need an electrician to install new outlets and light fixtures.
Or, if you’re adding an addition to your home, you’ll need an electrician to rewire the existing electrical system. These are also complex tasks that need the expertise of a certified electrician.
Again, the disadvantage of not having an electrician is that you’ll have to do the work yourself or hire someone not certified.
Either way, you will end up with subpar work, which can be dangerous and even more costly.
Maintenance and repairs
Your electrical system will need some TLC from time to time. This includes fixing faulty wiring, redoing the wiring, and troubleshooting electrical problems. These are all tasks that should be left to a certified electrician.
The specific tasks for professionals only
- Replacing or upgrading a main electrical panel. This is a job for an experienced electrician because it involves working with high-voltage wiring.
- Adding new circuits. If you need to add new circuits to your home, an electrician should do this.
- Troubleshooting wiring problems. If you’re not sure what’s causing an electrical problem, it’s best to call an electrician. They can use specialized testing equipment to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs.
- Installing new outlets or switches. This is another job that’s best left to an electrician.
- Repairing or replacing faulty wiring. If you have old, damaged, or corroded wiring in your home, it’s best to have an electrician repair or replace it.
It is unsafe to do these things yourself, and it’s also illegal in some states. The bottom line is that you need to find a qualified electrician you can trust for all your electrical needs.
So, how do you get a suitable electrician?
Checklist for the best electricians
When you’re ready to find an electrician, you should keep a few things in mind. Use this checklist to find the best electrician for the job:
- Certification: The first thing you need to check is whether or not the electrician is certified. In most states, electricians must have license. You can find this info on the electrician’s website or by asking for proof of certification.
- Insurance: The next thing you need to check is whether or not the electrician has insurance. This is important because it covers you from liability in case of an accident.
- Experience: Another thing to consider is the electrician’s experience. You want to make sure they have plenty of experience working on projects similar to yours.
- Reviews: Finally, you should read reviews of the electrician before hiring them. This will give you a good idea of what to expect in quality and customer service.
Now that you are clear on the boxes that need ticking, does J&J Electrical Inc. meet them? Read on to find out.
Work with the Best Spokane Electricians
If you are looking for certified, insured, and experienced electricians in Spokane, WA, and the surrounding areas, then J&J Electrical is the team for you.
We have been in the industry since 2016 and have worked on a wide variety of projects, both big and small.
Our customer service gives us an edge from other electricians in Spokane, WA. We believe in treating our customers like family and always go above and beyond to meet their needs.
We check all the necessary boxes, starting with certification. We only employ trained and certified electricians, who are constantly trained on the latest trends.
We are also insured, and any misfortune on the site is covered. Concerning experience, we have been in the game for over half a decade, and we have gained an understanding of any electrical system.
Still not convinced? Here is a testimonial from a customer we have worked with:
A month ago
“Used them to move a breaker panel and place one in the garage to bring our house up to code. They were one of the less expensive bids we received. J and J did a great job, were prompt, and kept us in the loop throughout the whole process. They also came out and respected their warranty. We’ve had numerous contractors in the house afterward, and they all comment on how great their work looks. I would definitely use them again.”
– Michael M
Our services include:
- Residential electrical services
- Electrical contractor services
- Residential Wiring
- Electrical safety inspections
- Electrical repairs
- Electrical Panels
- Electrical installation services
- And more
Our service areas
We serve Liberty Lake and the Surrounding 30-35 Miles, Including Spokane, Spokane Valley, Cheney, Medical Lake, Green Acres, and Verdale
How much does hiring an electrician cost?
This will vary depending on the scope of work and the electrician’s experience. However, you can expect to pay between $50 and $100 per hour for most electrical services.
Can I do my own hot tub wiring?
While some hot tubs come with simple, plug-and-play wiring that can be easily installed by a do-it-yourselfer, other hot tubs require more complex wiring. If you’re not sure whether your hot tub falls into the latter category, it’s best to consult an electrician.
What are the risks of doing DIY electrical work?
Many risks are associated with DIY electrical work, including electrocution, fires, and property damage. These risks far outweigh any potential savings, so it is always best to hire a certified electrician.
When should I call an electrician?
How do I know if an electrical repair is something I can handle on my own?
If you’re not sure whether you can handle a particular repair, the best thing to do is to consult an electrician.
They can assess the situation and let you know whether it’s something you can safely handle on your own or if it’s something that requires professional expertise.
What are the signs of an unidentified electrical problem?
If you’re not sure what’s causing an electrical problem, it’s best to call an electrician. They can use specialized testing equipment to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs.
Some signs that you may have an unidentified electrical problem include flickering lights, frequently blown light bulbs, and outlets that don’t work.
If you’re unsure whether you have an electrical problem or not, it’s always best to consult an electrician.
Does J&J Electrical Inc. offer emergency electrician services?
Yes, J&J Electrical offers emergency electrician services. If you are experiencing an electrical problem that needs to be fixed urgently, please call us, and we will send someone out to help as soon as possible.
How do I get started?
If you need electrical services, the first step is to contact J&J Electricians. We will be happy to discuss your needs and provide a free quote.
Once you have decided to collaborate with us, we will schedule a time to come out and complete the work. We try to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible for our customers.